Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 28 - July 27

 Wednesday. So my second to last day of classes and I start the week off with a written final in my food class. I woke up early to study (since last night didn't go too well) and I didn't even look over my recipes). But surprisingly the test went very well!! I think I did fine on it and just had to write 10 short answers explaining 3 different regions of Italy, and the recipes that went along with that region. It went pretty easily. So my next thing to do was photography class. Today we walked around a little bit and took some more pictures for another project that was actually due today. It was a little overwhelming because on top of that new project we had to make a 10 picture portfolio of printed pictures, turn in a final project on Italian culture (10 photos), and a paper explaning our view...plus a written test in there tomorrow too. It is way too much! But the project we did today was on macro pictures which means that you are super close to the subject or one thing is in focus while everything else is blurred and very abstract. They were very interesting and cool pictures and I wish we would have had more time to spend on this subject, but it is a little late now. Anyway, I feel like I got a lot done today. I edited 4 other pictures to be printed for my portfolio and finished my macro project. Just one more day to go in this class before I can relax!!!
 After class was over, there was a group of us that wanted to go to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner. It is called Gatto del Volpe. They serve family style for 15 euros. It is the best deal around! Appetizers including meats, veggies, caprise salad, and bruschettas. Then we get 3 different pastas for our main dish...we got penne vodka (2 orders of that because it is unbelievably good) and a mushroom tortolini with a truffle sauce. Talk about amazing. Then we also get unlimited wine and water, which is a really big deal because water is not free. You have to pay and sometimes it is a lot for water, but the wine alone was worth the 15 euros!! We drink a lot of wine while we eat dinner. So obviously it was a great dinner and an awesome night! I love that place...and their penne vodka :) We then all came back to the apartment and studied for tests in the morning/next day. I wanted to get some sleep since I had a cooking final and then all my photography stuff to do during the day. I passed out with my nook on my chest because I was reading and fell asleep right in the middle of it. Only one more day of classes left!! I know it will be sad for my food class to be over, but my photography class has been so stressful and hard that I will be looking forward to 6:45 when I am done with that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment