Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 22 - July 21

 Thursday. So I wake up (miserably tired) and drag my but to class. We watched a movie called "The Big Night" about these 2 Italian brothers trying to run a restaurant in America. My teacher cooked some risotto for us that was in the movie, and it was of course delicious. Afterwards I talked to Marco about whether or not he has heard of Di Berardino wine. He immediately says yes and tells me where they are located, well the region they are in, and how they are becoming more popular and spreading more throughout Italy!! I was so excited!! He gave me the name of a really good wine shop that he thinks should sell some Berardino wine too so I am going to have to check into that and maybe bring home a bottle or two!! Photography class was also good today. Two days in a row is pretty impressive. We went
to these art shops and watched 2 artists paint and took pictures of their studios while they were working. I barely even got pictures because I was so enthralled with how the artist was working on such amazing paintings. She was really nice too, and painted my friend who was talking to her the whole time. I was so jealous! She gave him a free portrait that she painted of him and she did it in like 7 minutes...we timed her. So after class I came home to watch 2 of my roommates get ready for an opera! I wanted to go so bad, but the tickets were sold out and I didn't want to go hoping to find one then be disappointed. So instead Jon, Liz, and I went out for some dinner. Mexican food. Florence has one Mexican restaurant
and it is awesome. I got some chimichangas and nachos. It was exactly what I needed...a break from carb/olive oil filled food. I loved it and probably will go back again tomorrow. Going to bed was definitely on my mind too. I have to be up at 7am tomorrow morning to meet to go wine tasting at Chianti!! Need some sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment