Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 19 - July 18

 Monday...back to real life. Well I guess as real as life can get when you live in Florence that is. Food class starts off with my midterm. There is a written part and a hands-on part that have to be completed in one class period. The written part was kind of hard!! There were 9 essays and they all consisted of me having to explain entire recipes and the ingredients that go in them and the techniques that are necessary to make each dish. It was a lot more detailed that I was expecting, but I think, or at least I hope, I did alright. The hands-on portion of the test was a breeze. We were all to make something to be graded that we have already made. My table decided to split up into appetizer, main course, and dessert. I was on the dessert with the chocolate cake and raspberry sauce again. When my teacher, Marco, tasted it he said it was perfect! Everything about it was done right and he couldn't have done it any better!!! That made me happy. So then I head back to the apartment to start uploading pictures, updating this blog, and do some laundry. I had to wash my towels...it was a little gross that I went 2 weeks without washing them. Photography class was next where we learned how to develop film strips, contact sheets, and the entire process of printing out the photos. It was really cool, but the process is very long and has to be done perfectly. I was a little overwhelmed to be honest. We will be able to actually see our finished product the next day, so it was all the setup that we had to do today. We also had to take more pictures for our assingment that is due Tuesday. Portraits...5 images. Two of them are from my film pictures and 3 are going to be digital. When I got home nobody was in the apartment so I started to get some things for dinner. Jon (my roommmate) and I went to the store when he got home and we cooked pasta with chicken and pesto sauce with a salad. When I say that "we" cooked, I really mean "I" cooked though. It was alright because he had to do the dishes. Then we went out to this new bar that we haven't been to before called Flow. It was a really cool place that was right by the Piazza Michelangelo which was where we went before to watch the sunset. The bar was all outside and we had to lie about our age to get in. You were supposed to be 25 or older, so we argued a little bit and they let us in...even though they thought we looked young. It just was funny because I have not needed to show my ID anywhere since I have been here, but now we find a bar that wants me to be older? Interesting I guess. It was fun and we stayed out way too late, but I guess I am used to getting no sleep by now. Tomorrow will definitely be nap time between classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment