Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 23 - July 22

 Friday...wine day!!! We first go to San Gigiminano (do not know how to spell it, or say it for that matter). It was a very small, cute city that was kind of covered in towers. This city was kind of known for its "skyscrapers" of the 12th century so it was very cool to see the different idea of how a city looked back then compared to our skyscraper citys now. There were even two buildings that were known as the Twin Towers that stand right next to each other...that part was a little sad to think about. Once our very short tour was done there we headed to Chianti for some wine tasting! We got a tour of the winery by the best
tour guide we've had so far. He was hilarious and you could totally tell he loved his wine. He showed us all the barrels to make the wine in and the vineyard and even his cellar of wine collections he has. It was so cool to hear all about the wine before we got to taste it. We got lunch and 3 different kinds of red wine. I loved the Chianti Classico, but I couldn't really tell you what it actually tasted like unfortunatly. Even with a quick wine lesson...I am no wine expert still. We had a lot of good food and it was interesting to actually be able to understand what people mean when they say that the wine brings out the taste in food. I got it now. It was really cool to experience what wines went with what foods and to be able to realize what wines I actually like or do not like. Before, wine all tasted the same and I never would be able to tell the difference. Now, I am a little better...just don't ask me to describe it to you, or explain what I taste. That I still can't do. So we took the bus ride home and I got to skype JJ for a little while, which was nice because I hadn't talked to him in like a week or so. We also went out for Mexican food again for dinner...that is how good it is. I loved that place, as bad as I feel not eating authentic Italian food, I could eat there everyday. We all got burritos and margaritas! Good way to end a long, wine filled day. After that we all went home and pretty much went to bed. Tomorrow morning was even earlier waking up at 6am to go to Cinqueterre for beach, hiking, and kayaking!! I am so excited about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment